Our Bidders screen software utilizes an extremely reliable Flash Based platform and no other programs need to be installed on your computer. Your Adobe Flash should be updating automatically, but if you are unsure check to make sure you have the latest version. Generally speaking newer computers, with faster processors and good amounts of RAM helps. Internet connection is also essential. If you are using a portable device please download Puffin a free browser for your portable device.
Tech Tips: Live Auction Bidding! We have some bidders that occasionally have trouble submitting bids during the "Live Auction". Here are a few tips our team has assembled to assure you get your bid in;
· Enter all numbers as "Whole" numbers, such as 1.00 or 100.00. Do not enter commas or dollar signs. Hit SUBMIT bid do NOT hit the enter key.
· Make sure to bid the minimum amount as indicated above the box you enter your bid in. You CANNOT enter less. We use minimum bid increments to move the auction along. IE: 1.00-20.00 1.00 at a time, 20.00-50.00 5.00 at a time and so on. Also consider placing MORE then the minimum. If a bunch of bidders all place the same amount your bid may not get through. Place more and stay ahead of the competition!
· Do not wait to see what others do to get your bid in. Begin bidding as soon as the next lot comes up on your screen.
· Make sure you placed your bid before the auction has been closed by the auctioneer.
· Utilize the proxy bid function. Either before the sale enter your Maximum you are willing to pay for an item, or even during the live auction. Then you will automatically bid up in the minimum bid increments to keep ahead of the competition. If it goes higher then your max bid you can decide whether to bid more manually.
· Use Google Chrome or Fire Fox Browsers instead of internet explorer. (Free)
· Visit the Adobe Flash website and down load the most current version. (Free)
· Clear your browsers history before an auction.
· Make sure you don't have a lot of other programs running at the same time.
· If you are a regular auction user, consider upgrading your internet speed. Century Link is now offering cheap deals for far faster DSL connections then the old Qwest 1.5MB standard connection. My Auction Addiction now uses a 4G wirless hot spot and easily gets 20mb!
- If your sound level is too low, right click the auctioneers view screen and turn the volume up.
- If several bidders place the same Minimum bid, yours may not get in! Consider placing a bid higher then the minimum and stay ahead of the competition!
- If the Auctioneer loses connection, stay tuned we will be right back. Wireless high speed broad band, web cameras and Flash are still evolving.